Advanced Microscopy and Imaging
The QBRI Advanced Microscopy and Imaging Core will provide state-of-the-art microscopes, and image processing and analysis tools that enhance the level of imaging research. The core will be equipped with the most advanced automated histology, immunohistochemistry, digital microscopy as well as live-cell imaging instrumentation. These advanced technologies allow investigators to perform a wide variety of imaging research experiments that will help them to answer important biomedical questions related to their field of study. The core will also provide training and easy access to researchers as well as services that range from routine microscopy to cutting-edge live-animal multi-photon microscopy.
Digital Imaging Microscopy Unit
- Applications for co-localization, immunofluorescence, FRAP, FRET, live cell imaging, and time-lapse studies using confocal, fluorescence, and multi-photon microscopy.
- Training on all microscopes.
- Consultation on all microscopy projects.
Histology & Pathology Unit
- Routine histology services including tissue processing, embedding, sectioning, cryopreservation, and cryosectioning.
- Different histological staining methods, such as H&E and special stains.
- Immunohistochemical and immunofluorescence techniques.
- Laser Capture Microdissection microscopy, which offers the ability to extract single cells from any tissue section and provides a pure cell population for subsequent quantitative analysis.
- Expert advice in the planning and evaluation of histopathology experiments.
Laser Microdissection Microscopy
A1R+ / A1+
A1 MP+/A1R MP+ Multi-Photon
(AxioImager M2 - Zeiss)
(Zoom SZX16 - Olympus)
Color Fluorescence and FISH Imaging System
Time-Lapse Inverted Microscopy